Blackjack online is a simple card game that, along with roulette and poker, is a trio of major attractions in land-based casinos and online casinos. In short, the goal of Blackjack is to get a better hand than the dealer’s, and it doesn’t have to be 21. Learn how to play blackjack in this guide.
On one hand, blackjack is considered a game of chance. On the other hand, there are mathematical calculations trying to figure out how to win at blackjack that indicate the percentage chance of winning with different hands on the table. A blackjack strategy using this calculation shows the best possible draw to reduce the casino’s advantage to almost zero.
The basic rules for starting an online blackjack game
Just like in a standard blackjack game, in its casino version you need to score as many points as possible to get as close as possible to 21 (simply called blackjack or “blackjack”). However, this number cannot be exceeded because it automatically means that the round will be lost. The most desirable hand is an ace and a ten or a shaped card (jack, queen or king). They add up to 21 because each face card has a value of 10.
The other cards have a value equal to the number on that card. The Ace may have a value of 1 or 11, depending on which hand is more favorable to the player in the situation. As mentioned, the game usually uses one to several standard decks of 52 cards each. The fewer the decks, the better the player’s chances. The game is played between the player and the dealer (that is, the casino).
The game begins by placing bets using special chips with an assigned value (the color of the chip determines the amount of money symbolized by the chip), and the player places them in front of him on the virtual table. Then the dealer deals two cards to the player and himself. Both of the player’s cards open, but only one of the dealer’s cards opens, the other part is placed “face down” and remains invisible to the player. However, a dealer has an opportunity to see what is underneath, and lead the game so that in its final stage, it is as close to the sum of 21, but not exceeding it.
In the world of online gambling, finding a casino that can provide players with top-notch security and fair play along with interesting bonuses and promotions is not easy. Due to the highly competitive nature of the industry, there is no shortage of online casinos offering lucrative incentives to attract new players.
Starting your online casino experience with bonuses, especially no deposit bonuses, can be a great move. However, it is important to choose reliable, licensed and regulated operators that undergo frequent evaluations by independent organizations. These are the kinds of online casinos that deserve your investment and concentration!
Strategies used in blackjack
Now that you know the basic terms governing the game of blackjack, it’s time to become familiar with the basic strategies used in this game.
Compared to other casino games such as roulette, baccarat and craps, blackjack offers players a fairly high value and a small home advantage. When you join a table with favorable rules and conditions, strategy players can rarely expect to play with a casino advantage greater than 0.8%. A person who is not aware of the importance of strategy is prone to make many mistakes when playing his hand.
- basic strategy. An extensive study conducted in the early 1960s by the expert Julian Brown proved that this strategy does work. The results of his experiment served as the basis for a basic blackjack strategy chart. The chart contains all the optimal moves a player can make, based on the sum of his hands and the added value of the dealer’s card. The basic strategy chart allows players to decide when it is best to make a move.
- Dealer strategy, i.e. copying the dealer’s tactics – a player can take cards up to the limit of 17 points and stop there when that limit is reached (take no more cards). Thus, the risk of exceeding 21 and losing the whole round is minimized. The advantage of the casino with this strategy, which can be calculated mathematically, is 5.48%.
- The strategy of “never overcards” in which the player stops taking cards when his hand reaches a total of 11 points. In this case, the house advantage is 3.91%.
Online Blackjack Questions and Answers
How do I play blackjack?
- The game consists of placing bets with chips on the table. The one who gets as close (but not more than) 21 points as possible wins. The highest hand of cards is what is known as blackjack, which is an ace and 10 or a number, for which the player gets 150% of the bet. The game uses one to eight decks of 52 cards each.
How do I win at blackjack?
- To win at blackjack, you must beat the dealer with two cards. You can play “het,” which means you ask for one more card, or you can play “stand,” which means you don’t draw and hope you have enough cards. If the dealer has more than 21 or less than you, you win.
How do I double my blackjack bet?
- You can double your bet in a game of blackjack if you don’t get 21 in the first two cards, in which case you ask for an additional bet equal to the original bet. After that, you only get one card.
- Source: Glusea